Botched Lipo? It’s More Common Than You Think… Here’s My Story
I had liposuction surgery in 2018 and revision liposuction in early 2019. Yes, I said revision. It just really didn’t work the first time. I wish I could say I have a really happy experience with my lipo but in all honesty, it sucked.
Here’s the thing, lipo has this big stigma that only obese people get it and really that’s not the case at all. The majority of lipo patients have areas of stubborn fat that don’t go away with diet and exercise. I wanted to be more shapely and be able to see muscle definition. I did my arms, bra fat/ back, flanks, love handles, abdomen, inner, and outer thighs and OMG that was a lot.
I don’t really know how to explain all of it in a blog post so I created a video explaining my experience. It wasn’t perfect and I’m not happy with some of the results BUT if I can help anyone else make a more informed decision as to whether lipo is a good fit for them, then good!
A few things I wish I did differently:
- Interview surgeons and ask for patient testimonials. Ask for LOTS of pictures. Also, ask about the aftercare garments and see if you can try them on before the surgery to ensure they fit comfortably around your bone structure.
- Don’t try to rush going back to work. Give yourself at least a week to recover!
- Take before measurements at home. Weigh yourself, measure each area with a measuring tape, and take pics in your favorite clothes. Mix it up with dresses, sports bras, bathing suits. Just take a lot of pics!
- Don’t expect perfection. When you suck out fat, the skin needs to catch up and many lipo techniques don’t do anything to tighten it. Ask your surgeon what they suggest- there are laser therapies you can do after lipo that will help. Or the new J Plasma technique that literally suctions your skin to your muscle as it sucks out the fat!
- Don’t be frugal with your aftercare. Yes, lipo is expensive but proper healing is so crucial! Get the laser treatments, the lymphatic massages, and give yourself grace. Also, buy some larger pants. You will be SWOLLEN!
If you are considering lipo, or you have an experience you’d like to share please do so in the comments section below! I’d love to hear!